Through the years, CDF-Texas has been honored to welcome dozens of gifted college and graduate-level students as interns to advance our mission to ensure children across Texas a Healthy Start, a Safe Start, a Fair Start, a Head Start and a Moral Start to life.
We are proud to house an intentional, structured internship program where students get firsthand experience with professional advocacy, affecting policy change, working with young people, and more, while being connected with one of the most powerful networks in the nonprofit world. Interns are vital to CDF-Texas’s work, and we are pleased to play a role in supporting the next generation of change-makers.
For fall 2021, we are thrilled to offer the following internships:
- Timeframe: Fall term, Late August through Mid-December
- Compensation: $15/hour for up to 20 hours/week
- Deadlines: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of August 21 at 11:59pm.
- Location: All internships will be virtual through fall 2021. The Youth Programs intern may be asked to coordinate occasional in-person events in Houston.
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Finalists will be asked to interview
- Finalists will be asked to submit a brief professional writing sample