Through the years, CDF-Texas has been honored to welcome dozens of gifted college and masters-level students as interns to advance the mission to provide all children with a Healthy Start, a Safe Start, a Fair Start, a Head Start and a Moral Start to life.
Our Austin office has an intentional, well-structured internship program where students get a firsthand experience with affecting policy. Interns have proven vital to CDF’s work, and we are pleased to play a role in creating the next generation of change-makers.
Internships at CDF-Texas offer a chance to experience child-advocacy work, health outreach and enrollment, scholarship administration, event planning, and more firsthand. In addition to supporting the cause, interns also get connected with one of the most powerful and advantageous networks in the nonprofit world.
Currently, the Austin-based CDF-Texas policy team offers ample opportunities to experience child-advocacy work. There are four distinct internships available in the Austin office:
- Timeframe: Spring, summer and fall internships available
- Stipend: $450 summer, $750 fall/spring if funds available
- Deadlines: Applications are accepted and interviews are done on a rolling basis, but the deadline for:
- Fall applicants is August 1.
- Spring applicants is December 1.
- Summer applicants is April 15.
- Please note that the Immigration Internship will not be available for Fall 2020.
To apply, each candidate should email a resume and one-page cover letter to the CDF staff member listed in the internship posting.